Zucchini is one of my favourite squashes out there. It is also one of my favourite vegan taco ingredients because it is so INEXPENSIVE. Legit I can get a zucchini for under a dollar. How inexpensive can it get!
The truth is zucchini is awesome (not just because it is inexpensive) but because it is delicious, light and so healthy! I had a bunch of zucchini in my fridge that I didn’t want to go bad so I decided to make some grilled zucchini tacos. You can grill the zucchinis on your BBQ or on your stove
- 2 zucchini, slice medium thin⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 cup frozen corn. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Olive oil (1 tbsp)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 8 Tortillas ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Pickled Radishes (for topping) ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Vegan cheese (for toppings)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Any other toppings you crave!
1. Brush the zucchini slices with olive oil and grill either on your BBQ or on broil in your oven (Fun fact I don’t have a BBQ yet). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. In a skillet cook, Sauté the beans and corn. Add in taco seasoning, 1/4 cup water, and cook until hot & the liquid has mostly evaporated. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Assemble your tacos! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
For my assembly, I put in 2 scoops of the bean and corn mixture, topped with grilled zucchini and pickled radishes. And of course there is no taco without vegan cheese!
These tickets are full of summer freshness, you cannot go wrong with these tacos I swear!
Also if you want to elevate these tacos even more make sure you check out my homemade tortilla recipe! They make every taco even better.
Also if you are looking for more taco recipes make sure you check out my page dedicated to Taco Tuesday where I share every taco recipe I have ever made!