When I was little bagel pizza bites were the biggest thing ever! The commercials looked amazing! The kids were so excited, the food looked delicious and honestly what more could you want than little mini pizzas?
Now as a grown up, and someone who studied nutrition for 8 years I realize that Pizza bites are not the healthiest – high in bad fats, salt, super processed! All the things I try to avoid.
Now the other day I got a craving for Pizza bites again and so to make it healthier I decided to make some zucchini pizza bites! Completely Vegan and Completely healthy!
- 1 large zucchini, cut into slices 3/4 inches thick
- spray of oil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 24 vegetarian pepperonis
- Veggies of your choice – I used green peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I used Daiya Vegan Cheese)
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Grilled zucchini slices on each side to crisp them up!
- Once Crisp place zucchini slices into a baked dish.
- Top with a squirt of pizza sauce, 1 vegan pepperoni and toppings of your choice (next time I am using pineapple!)
- Cover with shredded cheese
- Place in the oven and bake until the cheese is lovely and melty
Absolutely Delicious and Absolutely Healthy 🙂