Recently I found a vegetarian Chorizo substitute for $5 dollars at my grocery store. Now when I ate meat I loved chorizo so I though HELL YES. Lets try this.
Then I will be honest I forgot I bought it, and that it was in my fridge. So when I was having a sweep the fridge night I saw the chorizo and I had a craving for some epic pasta. This was a 15 minute meal, filled with fibre, protein and so delicious.
- Vegetarian Chorizo sausage substitute.
- Fusilli (or noodles of your choice)
- 1/2 cup rose sauce (or sauce of your choice)
- Garlic bread to serve
- Garlic minced
- Chopped red onion (1/2)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the pasta like your normally would.
- While the pasta cooked I added a spray of oil to the pan and sauteed the garlic and onions until fragrant.
- Add the chorizo substitute and sauteed until warmed through (about 5 minutes). Breaking it up into a fine crumble.
- Add in the rose sauce and shredded cheese. Warm until cheese is melted.
- Once the pasta is cooked add the pasta to the sauce pan and coat well.
- Serve with my favourite crock-pot garlic bread (recipe coming next week!)
This one is like a vegetarian cheesy hamburger helper pasta style. Delicious, quick and easy. I keep pasta on hand and some meat substitutes to make my life easy and delicious. No skip the dishes for me – home made goodness only!