Do you love bread?
I love bread!
I especially love fresh from the oven bread!
In my humble opinion warm bread is one of the nicest treats in the world!
I have an extra soft spot in my heart for buttery garlic bread – when I found a recent pull apart garlic bread recipe I took it upon myself to make it vegan!
So here we go!
For the bread:
1 cup 8 oz warm water
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 tablespoons vegan becel softened
1 cup 8 oz oat milk (or another non dairy milk)
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
6 cups white bread flour
For the seasoning:
8 tablespoons vegan becel melted
1 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
4 cloves garlic minced
2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Add warm water to a bowl, sprinkle with sugar and yeast.
- Let water mixture stand for 10 minutes until you get a frothy, foamy yeast mixture.
- Mix in the becel, oat milk, salt and 3 cups of flour to start. Mix it with a wooden spoon.
- Slowly add flour 1/2 cup at a time and knead into a smooth dough.
- Remove the dough from bowl and knead for 10 minutes.
- to make the seasoning, mix the melted becel, seasonings and garlic in a bowl.
- Cut the dough in 1 inch pieces, Dip in the melted seasoning mixture and drop in a greased loaf pan.
- Let loaves rise for about 1 hour or until they are double their original size.
- Bake at 350F until golden brown.
- Remove carefully as these really do fall apart!
This vegan bread is sure to impress all your friends!
Don’t forget to tag someone who would love this bread!