When I was growing up my grandpa put pepper on french toast. French toast was not a sweet meal it was more savory. As I got older I began playing with sweet and savory french toasts. Now while I will always have a soft spot for my grandpa’s french toast with all the pepper this is a pretty nice sweet french toast!
- 6 slices of Challah bread (I get mind on Fridays from Cobbs bread)
- 1 cup vanilla ripple pea milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh vanilla
Now there are two ways to make this french toast. The traditional way or the crock pot way. I like the crock pot way on warm days when I am trying not to use my oven! Let me know which you tried.
Directions – the Traditional Way
- Mix all ingredients (except the bread) together.
- Pan fry the bread on each side until golden.
- Top with your favourite toppings.
Directions – The Crock Pot Way
- Rip up the bread into small pieces. Place in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Whisk all ingredients together and pour over the bread.
- Make sure that all the pieces are coated evenly.
- Cook on low for 2.5 -3 hours.
- Serve with your favourite toppings!