Enchiladas are one of my favourite foods, they are easy, quick and super delicious.
These days you can even buy premade enchilada sauce at the grocery store! Though I do add extra hot sauce to mine, because we all know I love spicy food!
So if you want some awesome vegan enchiladas try these out today!
- 8 flour tortillas (you can use corn but I find they don’t roll as well)
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 1 large diced sweet potato
- I large diced red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Taco seasoning
- 1 bag enchilada sauce
- 2 cups Vegan Shredded Cheese
- Sauté diced onions with a spray of olive oil and minced garlic.
- When cooked add in diced sweet potatoes and beans.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning (I like the hot and spicy one), 1 cup water and stir.
- Cover and let come to a slow boil.
- Turn heat to medium and cook until sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in half the enchilada sauce, and shredded cheese.
- Scoop out 1/8th of filling onto a tortilla and roll .
8 Place seam side down in a baking dish. Repeat until you have 8 enchiladas side by side.
- Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- bake for 20 minutes at 350F
What is your favourite vegan enchilada filling?