𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘥?
For me it is SQUASH!
Squash is fantastic for so many reasons!
- It is inexpensive – if you are on a budget squash is for you! It is everywhere right now!
- There are so many different types of squash! Acorn Squash, Butternut squash, spaghetti squash – the list goes on!
- Squash is healthy – filled with complex carbohydrates and nutrients squash will help keep you full.
- Squash is versatile – you can add it to so many things – desserts, appetizers, mains… you name it!
- Of course squash is delicious
So as I share my love affair with squash with you I hope you fall in love with squash as I have!
𝐒𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐁𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐜 𝐧 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐞 – 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐲 😊
1/2 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper
1/2 pound elbow macaroni
2 1/2 cups oat milk divided
2 tablespoons vegan butter ( I love Becel)
3 tablespoons flour
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
2 cups shredded vegan cheese ( I used shredded cheddar)
3/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Drizzle chopped squash with oil and bake for 30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta and set aside
- When squash is done puree with ½ cup oat milk until smooth.
- In a large skillet at vegan butter and flour, Whisk until flour starts to smell browned.
- Add 2 cps oat milk and whisk mixture smooth.
- Whisk until the milk starts to get thick. Mix in pureed butternut squash mixture.
- Add cooked macaroni and make sure you coat them well.
- Grease a medium sized casserole dish, pour noodle/squash mixture into a pan.
- Top with shredded vegan cheese and bread crumps.
- Bake for 25 minutes until cheese is bubbling!
𝗪𝐡𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐯𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝!
𝘛𝘢𝘨 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘱𝘦!