I LOVE DONUTS.
I love donuts fresh from the fryer even more. When I was little I remember going to the fair and getting those donut holes fresh from the fryer. Only last year I went to my favourite place (Saskatoon Farms) over the summer and had some!
But now as a Vegan I wanted to make sure I could still enjoy my treats without hurting any animal. So I give you my VEGAN Air Fried Donuts!
- Tenderflake pastry (It’s Vegan!) or make your own pastry.
- 1 tbsp maple syrup.
- 2 tbsp non dairy milk (unsweetened) – I use my vanilla pea milk.
- Sugar or other toppings.
- Roll out your puff pastry.
- Whisk milk and syrup together. Using a basting brush, coat the puff pastry in the mixture.
- Fold your puff pastry. 1/3rd over the middle, then fold the other third on top (this gives you 3 layers)!
- Place Puff pastry in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- With a circle cookie cutter, cut out your donuts. (I sometimes put a hole in the middle with a smaller circle – but didn’t this time!).
- Spray your air fryer with 1 squirt oil to prevent sticking.
- Place donuts in the air fryer. Fry for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
- Once done, brush donuts with more of the maple syrup/milk mixture. Dip in fresh sugar
I am giving a donut demonstration on Wednesday so stay tuned to see just how I make these donuts!