I hear people say that they hate Brussel sprouts all the time! And I get it, I really, really do. I used to hate Brussel sprouts. I thought they smelt. I thought they were gross and I remember thinking that you couldn’t pay me enough to eat them.
Then I realized two things – 1. Why would I “Hate” a vegetable and 2. I don’t dislike Brussel Sprouts, I dislike poorly cooked Brussel Sprouts. Don’t hate on the poor Brussel Sprout when they can be so delicious. They just need a little love <3
So let’s get cooking. Let’s make Brussel Sprout Tacos!
- 6 oz Brussels sprouts
- 1 avocado
- 14 oz black beans
- 3 garlic cloves, diced.
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Topping of your choice
- Vegan Sour Crem
- Vegan Shredded Cheese
- Pickled veggies
- Trim the Brussel Sprouts and quarter them.
- Heat a cast-iron pan and add a drizzle of oil. Toss in Brussels and garlic, sauté until they are starting to crisp (3 to 4 minutes).
- Next, add in the corn and black beans. Saute for 3 to 4 more minutes, the corn should start to char. Remove from heat and add in salsa (the quantity depends on you, I like to mix in about 1/2 a cup).
- Toast or warm your tortillas.
- Assemble your tacos – add in Brussel Sprout, bean and corn filling. Top with the rest of your ingredients.
Also if you want to elevate these tacos even more make sure you check out my homemade tortilla recipe! They make every taco even better.
Also if you are looking for more taco recipes make sure you check out my page dedicated to Taco Tuesday where I share every taco recipe I have ever made!