I feel like by now we all know that I am obsessed with taco bell and after going vegan it is the guilty pleasure I miss the most. Do you remember their Crunch Wrap?! It was delicious and easy to eat because it all fit nicely within the tortilla #winning!
Personally, I nailed the recipe, it tasted like taco bell and now I just need a hot sauce recommendation as good as their fire sauce – any recommendations people?!?!
- Impossible Beef – 1 package (this is by far my favourite vegan “meat”)
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (I use my homemade blend, which you can find on my website!).
- 4-5 LARGE tortillas
- 4-5 tostadas (or hard shell tacos broken in half).
- Chopped lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Vegan sour cream
- Vegan shredded cheese
- Green onions
- Taco sauce (optional but I liked the spice!).
Prepare the Beef
- In a sauce pan saute onions until translucent. Add in impossible ground beef. Break-up the beef. Once browned add in taco season and 3/4 cup water. Simmer until the water is mostly gone.
Prepare the veggies
- This is the perfect time to chop the veggies – the lettuce, the tomatoes and any other toppings you want!
Assemble the crunch wrap
If you do not have a tostada or do not want to buy a giant pack of them just use a hard taco shell cut in half!
After you put all the toppings on the crunch wrap, fold the edges over! Like you are folding an envelope (a really weird circular one!). Once folded place folded side down in a hot frying pan and hold for 3 to 5 minutes until browned. Flip and repeat!
Once the crunch wrap is browned, top with salsa, sour cream, green onions, lettuce and cheese to make it an epic meal!