What more could you ask for?
Well the truth is if you don’t love beets like I do you might as for more but this recipe is one of my favourites! So quick and a fantastic go to for healthy.
Beets are so amazing, so nutrient packed and delicious.
So here is my favourite Beet Nourish Bowl
Ingredients (for 1)
- 1 large beet peels and sliced
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. sliced nuts (I used almonds and walnuts)
- 3 tbsp. feta cheese
- 1 cup mixed salad greens of your choice (chop half of them)
- 2 tbsp. lemon poppy seed dressing
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 zucchini chopped
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning mix.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. On a baking sheet arrange zucchini and beets. Drizzle with maple syrup, a spray of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix quinoa and Italian seasoning. Cover with water (1 cup to every 1/2 cup quinoa) bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Stir in a bit of olive oil, lemon poppy dressing and mixed greens.
- Make you bowl. I start with green, top with quinoa, beets and zucchini then top the whole thing with feta and an extra drizzle of dressing.