Growing Up I was OBSESSED with perogy pizza. Absolutely Obsessed. I used to go to Boston pizza and get 2 things – cactus cut potatoes and perogy pizza – mostly I think I was just obsessed with potatoes. #spudsarelife
I would get so excited to get my perogy pizza, but as I got older and more aware of the impact of a non vegan or plant based diet on the world I could no longer eat it and smile ☹
So instead! I decided to make it myself. I had heard about 2 ingredient dough (and knew I could make that vegan). Next I had to make the vegan perogy pizza.
I think my vegan perogy pizza is a success so I wanted to share it with you all:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup vegan yogurt
- 1 potato
- 1 beyond beef sausage, spicy
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1 cup vegan sour cream (purchases or homemade).
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar (I like VioLife!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Herbs of choice (I use garlic salt, Italian herbs and onion seasoning)
- For the Dough
- Combine self rising flour and yogurt. Mix together until a ball of dough forms.
- Knead for 8 to 10 minutes, then set aside to rest for 15.
- For the pizza
- Prepare your skillet – heat your skillet in the oven at 500F for 20 minutes.
- While the dough rests and the skillet heat up – thinly slice your potatoes (I like to use a mandolin). Sautee your sausage – I removed the casing and broke up the inside of my plant-based sausage to make a nice sausage crumble. Also dice the green onions.
- Roll out the dough (this dough with do 1 12 inch pizza).
- When the skillet is done carefully place the dough in the skillet (you can fold a crust if you would like (I DO 😉). Give it a nice brush of oil and herbs of your choice.
- For the sauce spread out the vegan sour cream. Then top with potato slices, sausage and cheese (both kinds – that is the secret to a good perogy pizza!).
- Bake at 425 F for 22 minutes!
This Pizza is absolutely delicious and everything you could possible want for a pizza! Make it let me know how you enjoy it!