I love taco recipes that allow me to have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes and also allow me to use up extras in my fridge. ⠀⠀Extra points for it being delicious, vegan and using up leftovers!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I always love buying cauliflowers but they are always HUGE and then I get tired of eating cauliflower and what in the world am I going to do with all this extra cauliflower? Well if there is something that is the opposite of boring it would be tacos! Tacos are always exciting and delicious. So this is one of my favourite sweep the fridge for extras recipe.
- Half of a large cauliflower (my cauliflower was HUGE). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 can chickpeas (my can was 19 oz)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Shredded Vegan cheddar. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Pickled Onions (topping)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Cherry tomatoes (topping)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 tbsp olive oil ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Flour Tortillas (as many as you want!)
1. Chop the cauliflower. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. In a large bowl mix together drained chickpeas (save the liquid for another recipe!), chopped cauliflower and olive oil. Toss to coat. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. Toss with taco seasoning. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Bake for 25 minutes at 350F until starting to crisp up. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. Assemble your tacos – I used pickled onions (because I am obsessed with them and cherry tomatoes – another obsession of mine – but use your favourite toppings!)
Also if you want to elevate these tacos even more make sure you check out my homemade tortilla recipe! They make every taco even better.
Also if you are looking for more taco recipes make sure you check out my page dedicated to Taco Tuesday where I share every taco recipe I have ever made!