Quick and Easy! That’s the name of the game today.
Let’s be honest sometimes we do not want to cook. We come home from work, its hot, stick, we are tired and grumpy and all we want is something QUICK n EASY.
Unfortunately it is in that moment that we all often turn to fast food, or unhealthy options.
Instead I keep some healthy, quick options in my fridge.
I give you my Vegetarian Chorizo Smashed Sweet Potato with a baked Egg.
- Sweet Potato (pre baked)
- 1/2 cup left over chorizo substitute with taco seasoning
- 2 Large eggs
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- Cut your pre baked sweet potato in half and mash up the insides with a fork (if you have not pre baked the sweet potato, pierce it with a fork and bake for 30-45 minutes – until soft).
- Place the smashed sweet potato in an oven safe dish and make top with the chorizo substitute.
- Make a well in the middle and crack the egg into the center.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake until the egg is how you like it, I like mine dippy so I baked it at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy and be happy you didn’t break down and get junk food!
Also feel free to serve with a side salad, I often keep a spinach mix in the fridge for this exact reason.
What is your favourite quick and easy meal?