When I was growing up Oatmeal was a staple. Kept you full for a long time, was inexpensive and you could load it with brown sugar!
Now that I am a grown up I still love oatmeal, but I will admit I have upped my oatmeal game! I love oatmeal now because overnight oats are delicious, I can pack em with protein and ready for me when I wake up!
So here are my Praline Overnight Oats (vegan optional)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup oatmilk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein of your choice
- 1/2 cup yogurt (vegan optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 -2 tbsp chopped praline pecans (optional)
- My secret for protein oats is this – Blend the protein into the milk.
- Throw all ingredients (except the pecans) into a jar and shake it up.
- Leave it over night – in the morning you can eat cold or heat it up. I like it warm so i warm it on the stove top for a couple minutes.
- Top with praline pecans and enjoy!
These are so creamy and delicious, you can use any protein and any fruit you like (chocolate protein with frozen raspberries is unreal!).
The big trick with protein is blend it well, so you get no chunks!