I love pancakes
I grew up loving pancakes. My dad used to make us pancakes on the weekends and we loved every taste! I remember him adding cinnamon to the pancakes or cocoa powder as a fantastic taste treat. Now i love to treat myself with pancakes and make them high protein! I have protein goals I need to hit just like all of us. So these pancakes remind me of home and my childhood while also helping me stick to my healthy goals!
- 2 (20g each) scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- In two clean bowls, separate the eggs carefully so none of the yolk gets into the egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites on high for 2 minutes until they form soft peaks. (It is important that your bowl or beaters don’t have any oil, fat or yolks on them, or the egg whites won’t form peaks. Soft peaks are defined as barely holding their shape. The peaks flop over immediately when the beaters are lifted.)
- Add the egg yolks along with the remaining ingredients to a medium bowl and beat until smooth
- Gently fold 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the banana mixture until roughly combined. Fold half of the remaining eggs whites into the mixture and finally the last portion until everything is well combined.
- Heat a skillet over low heat. Scoop 1/4 c. of the mixture onto the skillet and cook for 60-90 seconds on each side.
Thank you the Creative Bite for these amazing pancakes!
Chuck’s Taste Rating:
Jess’s Taste Rating:
This recipe is so fast and so easy – it takes almost no effort!