Do you love pasta?
Do you love gnocchi?
Do you love pizza?
If you asked me these questions – I would answer of course who doesn’t!
I saw a recipe recently that worked on combining all of the best things of Italian food – putting Pasta and Pizza Together.
I immediately thought – wow this is pure genius! But I am trying to stick with only using the food in my house and my favourite pizza is a good old fashioned Canadian Pizza.
So I changed it up and made this delicious beautiful food.
1 package of gnocchi
1 red onion diced
1 red pepper diced
3-4 garlic cloves
1 cup ricotta
1 cup pasta sauce of choice (I used a red marinara)
2 cups pizza cheese
1 package veggie pepperoni
1. Saute onions and peppers in garlic until soft/cooked through
2. Add Gnocchi and brown
3. In a large bowl mix together veggie/gnocchi mix and ricotta cheese, pasta sauce and 1/2 cup shredded cheese
4. Pour mixture into an oven safe dish.
5. Top with the rest of the shredded cheese and veggie pepperonis
6. Bake at 350F until cheese is bubbly
Let me know what you think – mix it up and add your favourite toppings. I have some canned pineapple and think I’m going to do a white gnocchi bake with pineapple and onion next!
Chuck’s Taste Rating:
Jess’s Taste Rating: