So I love vegetables – beets, broccoli, cauliflower – you name it I love it!
But let’s be honest a lot of people don’t so to increase their veggies intake you gotta get creative and hide veggies in food favourites.
Now one of my food favourites is PANCAKES. Pancakes are always a crowd favourite. They are delicious, quick, inexpensive and often seen as a treat!
So here are my favourite love pancakes! Pink, fluffy, vegan and full of veggies (beets to be exact)!
- 1.5 cups rolled oats uncooked.
- 2 scoops vanilla protein
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 2 large eggs or 2 flax seed eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (i used my homemade yogurt )
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounce beets cooked and peeled. (frozen beets work great!)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or mashed ripe banana
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp flavorless oil
- Sprays of coconut oil for frying
- Blend oats, baking powder, salt and protein powder into a fine flour. The finer the better. I put mine on extra high in my blender for over a minute. Pour into a bowl, and set aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in the blender (beets, eggs (or egg substitute), oil, yogurt (or vegan yogurt), vanilla, syrup and apple sauce or banana). Blend until super smooth. Add in oat and protein mix. Blend again until smooth.
- Spray a hot pan with oil (1 to 2 sprays at a time). Portion out batter, and cook until bubbles form on the top. Flip and cook for a few more moments.
- Top with your favourite toppings and enjoy your hidden beets!
I hope you enjoy these delicious pancakes as much as I did. They are super fun for kids because of the colour and extra romantic because they are pink!