This is a quick and easy meal that I adapted from one of my favourites 🙂 I got the idea from Cookie + Kate.
They have a Peanut Slaw with Soba noodle recipe that I wanted to try desperately – However with #COVID and the end of the world, I could not find Soba noodles at my grocery store. I also was feeling lazy and didn’t want to chop veggies and I didn’t have a way to slice them in a food processor.
This is my 15 minute version of her Thai Peanut Slaw and Soba noodles.
1. 6 brussel sprouts
2. 2 large carrots
3. 1/4 purple cabbage
4. 1 box of tri colour rotini noodles.
5. Fresh peanuts for crunch
6. ½ cup peanut butter
7. 3 tablespoons water
8. 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
9. 3 tablespoons soy sauce
10. 2 tablespoons honey
11. 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
12. 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
1. Cook pasta according to the directions on the box.
2. For the slaw – put cabbage, carrots (peeled) and Brussels sprouts (ends removed) in a food processor. Pulse until they are finely chopped.
3. For the sauce – place all the ingredients in a jar and shake together – add more water as needed (I like mine a bit thinner so I doubled the water!)
4. Drain the pasta, add in the vegetables and mix. Finally mix in the sauce and top with peanuts to serve (optional)
* extra hack – you can buy peanut sauce in the Asian food aisle at your grocery store and it is just as delicious
ENJOY – this has become hands down one of my favourite recipes ever.
Chuck’s Taste Rating: Will be tasting it this weekend!
Jess’s Taste Rating: