I love overnight oats!
They are quick, and healthy. Oats have been shown to be a great part of a heart healthy diet, they are full of fibre and fill me up until lunch!
Below you will find one of my favourite blueberry overnight oats recipes 🙂
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup fr
- 0.5-1 scoop vanilla protein powder of your choice.
- fresh blueberries
- chia seeds
- shredded coconut
- Combine oats, milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract, salt and maple syrup in a large bowl. Stir together until well combined.
- Fold in fresh blueberries.
- Transfer to two 8 ounce mason jars, cover, and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready, top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Now this recipe originally had only 1/2 cup milk and no protein powder but I follow a high protein diet so I love to give it an extra 1/2 scoop to a full scoop – depending on the type of protein powder you use you may need
Original recipe was found here more or less liquid 🙂 I use vanilla whey from Canadian protein – gives it a very creamy taste 🙂