If you are like me you LOVE beets. It took me a while to come around to beets but now I swear it is like I am a magnet for them!
If beets are on the menu, I am ordering that item! I especially love them with cheese.
For Christmas my boyfriend got me an awesome pasta roller from pampered chef and I got the pasta making vibe this past week to finally try it out!
This is my version of beet and ricotta (or goat cheese) ravioli!
I cooked the raviolis in a simple butter sauce and saw another recipe that gave me an idea to add poppy seeds!
- 1 batch of egg pasta
- 2 large beets, roasted, skin removed and mashed
- 1/2 cup goat cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Prepare pasta dough according the recipe, I attached the recipe I used here.
- Once the beets are roasted and fork tender, cool them, remove the skin and mash.
- Add in goat cheese
- Make small ravioli size circles, and fill with 1 tsp of filling.
- Wet sides of dough and add a top circle
- Freeze prior to cooking
When Ready to Cook
- Boil water
- Place Ravioli in the boiling water, they are cooked when they float to the top
- In a pan melt butter with garlic. Add in poppy seeds and cooked ravioli.
- Saute until they have a bit of colour.
I served mine with crumble goat cheese on top because goat cheese is amazing!
Chuck’s Taste Rating:
** it should be noted that chuck is not a beet fan 😜
Jess’s Taste Rating: