Have you ever had baked oatmeal?
I have a love of dessert, high protein foods and oats so this month I played around with some recipes and made this epic baked oat dish! Enough breakfast for 1 week!
Now you can use any fruit you want, but lets be honest oats and apples go together like ducks and water 🦆🦆
So if you want to make this delicious, high protein baked apple (crumble) oats follow me!
2 cups old-fashioned oats
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt (or ½ teaspoon regular table salt)
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 ¾ cups milk of choice (I used oat milk)
⅓ cup honey (you can use maple syrup, but I had fresh honey on hand)
2 large eggs or flax eggs
3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter or coconut oil, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 apples, sliced
2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
3 scoops vanilla protein
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with half the butter/coconut oil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg). Combine and set aside.
- In a blender combine milk and protein! Whip it for 30 seconds until its nice and fluffy! Whisk in honey, eggs, 1/2 the butter/oil.
- In the baking dish lay down apple slices from 1 apple and pour dry ingredients on top. Carefully even out the toppings.
- Pour wet ingredients over the oats, and jiggle the dish so that all the liquid sinks through to the bottom of the dish, coating everything!
- Layer the top with the rest of apples, and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake for 42 to 45 minutes, until the top is nice and golden.
ENJOY, high protein bake oats for the next week
PS i am super extra, so I served mine with whip cream 😜😉