Currently we are all stuck at home and I don’t know about you but I am constantly looking for new recipes to try and things to eat! So I decided to look up some baking recipes this week – I found this awesome one for Goji Berry Brownies from Vegan Cookbook by Adele McConnel.
Unfortunately for me I didn’t have a few of the ingredients – she used safflower oil and vanilla bean pods for a few of the ingredients. So I swapped out the ingredients for what I did have (we all know that going grocery shopping right now is not the best idea!) I especially should not be going grocery shopping so I go once a week – when the elderly/immuno compromised people like myself have the store to ourselves 🙂
Goji Berry Isolation Brownies
1. 1.75 oz goji berries (1/2 cup)
2. 1 tsp vanilla extract
3. 4.5 oz flour (1 cup)
4. 1 tsp sea salt
5. 1/2 cup dark chocolate powder
6. 3.25 oz brown sugar (3/4 cup)
7. 6 oz coconut oil (3/4 cup)
8. 4 tbsp ground flaxseed
9. 1/4 cup water
10. 1/2 cup chocolate chips (vegan or non vegan)
1. Put Goji Berries in a bowl, cover with water and let them soak for about an hour to re hydrate. Once they are re hydrated, drain them.
2. Throw all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
3. Poor the batter into a greased pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
4. Bake for 25 minutes at 350F or until a tooth pick comes out clean
These recipes are fantastic and moist and delicious. Let me know if you made them or feel free to share your favourite isolation recipe with me!
Chuck’s Taste Rating:
Jess’s Taste Rating:
This recipe is so fast and so easy – it takes almost no effort!