Fusion food is really big right now and I always love trying recipes that blend different foods together – So I give you the fajita gnocchi! It is delicious, healthy and fantastic:) I highly recommend this recipe as it is one of my favourites and can be made in under 30 minutes!
- 1 large package gnocchi (I used 2 (12 oz) packages gluten free gnocchi)
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Large Avocados
- 1 Medium Tomato, Diced
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- Juice Of 1 Lime
- Salt, To Taste
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat the bottom with olive oil. Add the gnocchi and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
Remove the gnocchi from the pan, add about 2 teaspoons olive oil, peppers, onions and a pinch of salt. Cook the fajita mixture until peppers are tender, about 10 minutes.
Add the gnocchi back into the pan along with the black beans, salt, pepper and all the spices. Stir until everything is combined and heated through.
Make the avocado salsa while the gnocchi is cooking. Dice the avocados and add them to a large bowl along with all of the other ingredients. Mix until combined and store in the refrigerator until needed.
Serve dish immediately and top with a big spoonful of avocado salsa.
Chuck’s Taste Rating:
Jess’s Taste Rating:
I give this recipe 2 out of 5 spoons for energy because once everything is in the pot, you sit back and let it simmer 🙂