Have you always wanted a vegan chilli cheese burrito? I know I always have!
I was obsessed with taco bell growing up. My dad used to take us to taco bell and I would get the double-decker taco. My dad would always get a chilli cheese burrito. I would always steal a bite and remember its cheese goodness very well.
Now we all get nostalgic and want flavours and foods from our childhood – but as a vegan the chilli cheese burrito was something I had to say goodbye too…. until now!
I have perfected my cheesey delicious vegan version of Taco Bell’s famous burrito and now I am sharing it with you!
Ingredients for Vegan Chilli Cheese Burrito
These ingredients are per burrito!
- 1/4 cup violife cheese
- 1/2 cup refried beans (store-bought or follow my recipe)
- 1/4 cup walnut meat (I like my taco cauliflower taco meat here)
- 1 tortilla
- 2 tbsp. vegan queso (store-bought or homemade)
These burritos could not be easier!
- On your tortilla add the refried beans, walnut meat, cheese, and queso.
- Fold your burrito like an envelope (side, side, bottom roll).
- Place in a an oiled cast iron pan and grill each side (this helps the cheese get nice and melty!).
This is what your delicious burrito should look like in the end!