Growing up my mom used to make us eggs in a basket. I remember being so impressed by the egg in the bread, and my mom always made it dippy just the way I liked it.
Lately with #COVID I have been missing my family and when I miss my family I like to cook food that reminds me of them. So I decided it was time to make my moms classic, Eggs in a basket.
For all of those who have never had eggs in a basket, it is super simply to make!
- 1 slice of bread, per basket
- 1 egg per basket
- Toppings of your choice (as you can see I am a avocado gal)
Directions are really quite simple.
- Cut a hole in the bread, I actually use a cookie cutter to make things easier – this can be a great step to have your kids help with!
- Place the bread in a frying pan with a couple sprays of oil, after about a minute crack a fresh egg into the hole.
- Fry it up! I cook mine for about 3 minutes on the first side, and 1 minute on the 2nd side
- Top with your favourite toppings and enjoy!