My boyfriend is OBSESSED with Tortellini. His friends and I tease him that he can make tortellini and minestrone and those are his two dishes.
He is so obsessed that when I went vegan I knew I had to perfect the vegan tortellini. We couldn’t go forever without tortellini! I also knew that he was going to be the most honest critic so I am so pumped that we came up with this super light Almond Ricotta Vegan Tortellini
The tortellini is self can be made very easy! It is just 5 simple ingredients for the pasta!
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup semolina flour
3/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
2 tsp olive oil
You can really fill this tortellini pasta with what ever filling you want but I love my almond ricotta filling, which you can find on my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPYuOn3FIJB/
You can also use any sauce you want but I do LOVE this red pepper sauce
12.5 oz roasted red peppers
1 cup coconut milk (full fact)
3 garlic cloves
1 cup beef broth
- Make Your Pasta
- In a bowl or stand mixer combine flours, salt, oil and water to make a dough. Knead it for 10 minutes then allow it to rest.
- Next, you want to roll the dough out into a long sheet. I like my tortellini dough to be very thin so on my stand mixer I roll it to a level 4.
- Cut out your tortellini shapes! They can be a square or a circle.
- Fill Your Pasta
- You can literally make ANY filling that you would like but if you want to make my almond ricotta tortellini you can find my filling here.
- Fold Your Tortellini
- I put half a tsp of filling in each circle then folded the pasta in half sealing the edges. Next, you pinch the corners together – it is hard to explain so watch the youtube video 😉🤣
- Make the Sauce
- This red pepper sauce couldn’t be any easier! Throw everything into a blender and blend until smooth. I like to then put the sauce on the stove to bubble and thicken!
- If you want a creamier sauce you can always use my tofu alfredo sauce which you can find here.
- Cook the pasta
- Boil some salted water and toss in your tortellini! Boil for 4 minutes until done.
- Toss the tortellini in the sauce, and sprinkle with vegan mozzarella.!