I don’t think there is anything better than peanut butter. Peanut butter is a magical food that can go on anything!
Cake✔ Cookies ✔ Burgers ✔ Tacos ✔ Pasta ✔
Seriously name me something that peanut butter does not go one! Peanut butter packs a protein punch and elevates the taste of these tacos. It also helps balance the sweetness of the mango! So let’s get cooking and make some peanut butter tacos!
- ½-inch strips of tempeh (about 8 strips, from 1 pkg – I cut mine very thin and grill it extra crispy)
- drizzle of avocado oil
- splash of tamari
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- squeeze of lime
- 1 mango, cubed
- ¼ cup green onions
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Chopped Peanuts
- 8 Tortilla
- ⅓ cup coconut milk (I use organic light)
- 2 tablespoons PB2
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tbsp chili flakes
1. Marinate the tempeh strips in olive oil and soy sauce.
2. Marinate red cabbage with lime juice and salt.
3. Warm your tortillas
4. Make the sauce: put all the sauce ingredients in a mason jar, and shake roughly.
5. Make the tacos
This taco recipe is so fresh and delicious, perfect for a summer special. Just make sure you make extra peanut butter sauce because it goes well on so much! I like to keep the sauce in my fridge to have on hand to spice up my noodle dishes, my tacos and my burgers!
Also if you want to elevate these tacos even more make sure you check out my homemade tortilla recipe! They make every taco even better.
Also if you are looking for more taco recipes make sure you check out my page dedicated to Taco Tuesday where I share every taco recipe I have ever made!