I love butternut Squash soup
For me soup is amazing, because it leaves me feeling light and healthy 🙂 I also love soup because in Calgary this week we had a number of days that were -19! It was freezing, I like to make big batches of soup so I can come home, warm it up and warm myself up. This week we are having butternut squash and apple soup 🙂 With the added health benefits of turmeric! Try it out and let me know what you think.
- 1–2 tbsp coconut oil,
- 3 cups butternut squash (or about one large squash), chopped
- 1/4 cup apple, diced
- 2 large leeks, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2–3 fresh green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (optional, sub additonal broth)
- Using a large pot on medium heat and add the coconut oil to melt. Pour in the butternut squash and sauté in the oil for 6-8 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add the leeks and apple and lightly sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the bone broth, and seasonings (reserving the green onion). Stir to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer on medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until butternut squash is soft. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Either use an immersion blender, or high speed blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut milk and serve topped with fresh green onion
Chuck’s Taste Rating: Has not tasted it yet 😉
Jess’s Taste Rating:
Thank you to unbound wellness for the recipe 🙂