Chocolate! Protein! Delicious!
What more could you want?
Recently my fantastic, sweet boyfriend surprised me with a granola bar mold! So naturally I couldn’t wait to try it. I figured the best thing for me to make was my own protein bars, after all I eat so many!
So here is my first attempt for Chocolate Sea Salt Cookie Dough bars.
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1.2 cup fresh honey
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- dash of sea salt
- Combine peanut butter and honey, mix well.
- Add in 1/2 cup of protein powder.
- Once mixed well, stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- If you have a granola bar mold like me, fill with mix. If not pour mix into an 8 by 8 pan , that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or until solid.
- Melt the 4 oz dark chocolate.
- If you have the granola bars in individual mold, remove and dip in melted chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- If you have the bars in one pan, pour chocolate over top, sprinkle with sea salt and allow to cool.
Store in the fridge and enjoy! They will get messy if not cold!