This week it was -16 out! I repeat, NEVAGTIVE 16!
To be blunt is was F***ing Cold! Bring out your toques, your mitts, your boots, scarves and winter coats. The cold has arrived.
Whenever it gets this cold out I start craving extra warm foods and what is better than a nice warm soup!
This is my favourite, creamy vegan carrot soup! I had a ton of carrots to use up and so I thought it appropriate to make yummy carrot soup!
- 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (diced)
- 2 pound carrots (scrubbed or peeled // chopped //)
- 1 healthy pinch each salt and pepper
- 3 cups veggie stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 can light coconut milk
- Sautee the onion and garlic, slowly add in the carrots and stir until browned (caramelized).
- Add in veggie stock, water and coconut milk. Season generously with salt and pepper!
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until the carrots are fork tender.
- When carrots are cooked through, blend in your blender or with an immersion blender.
- Serve with a drizzle of fresh coconut milk, for extra creaminess.
Serve with your favourite bread and YUM!