To me there is nothing more beautiful than a meal filled with veggies.
Veggies are bright, beautiful, super nutritious and they taste amazing!
In my opinion the 2nd most beautiful thing is an epic meal prep.
Well my favourite lentil salad combines all of the above, all the veggies (and any veggies you want), it keeps well and is super healthy for you.
So here it is:
- 1 cup uncooked lentils (rinsed)
- 1 English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup diced and drained grape tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach
*feel free to swap out any of these veggies for your favourites – just remember to eat the rainbow.
- Cook the lentils. Combine the lentils in a saucepan with 3 cups of water (or veggie broth – i use homemade veggie broth, and a spoon full of garlic) and stir. Cook over medium-high heat until the broth reaches a simmer. Next reduce heat to medium-low, cover & simmer until the lentils are tender.
- Mix the lentils with all your delicious chopped veggies.
- Place on a bed of spinach and drizzle with your favourite dressing – i use a lemon vinaigrette or Italian!