Isn’t Food Art AMAZING
We all eat with our eyes first, and honestly presentation can take a boring meal and make it amazing.
This is my vegetarian Shawarama Chickpea bowl. It is amazing, simple and totally delicious. I use the shawarma chickpeas from my flat bread. But instead through them in a bowl with whole wheat rice, cucumbers, tomatoes, baba ganoush and always all the feta cheese.
You really can fill this bowl with anything!
In case you missed the chickpeas!
The chickpeas are easy to make:
- 2 cups of chickpeas ( soaked over night) or 1 can
- 3 tbsps of shawrma seasoning (i use the shawarma spice blend from the minimalist baker!)
- 5 sprays of oil
- I sprayed the chickpeas with oil and tossed them in the seasoning.
- I baked them for about 30 minutes at 350F (until i could gently mash them with a fork).
- I mashed about 50% of the chickpeas.
I encourage you to take 5 minutes to make your bowl beautiful, it really does make all the difference with the meal.