I have always loved puddings and jellos, basically any sweet easy snack. However we all know that these snacks are never the healthiest, packed full of artificial sugars and not very high in nutrients as a whole.
Luckily I found out I can make own pudding with chia seeds! Chia seeds are super nutrient dense, packed full of Omega 3’s, iron, and fibre to name a few. They are loaded with antioxidants and high quality protein.
Adding chia seeds to you diet has many benefits – they have been linked to helping people lose weight (by feeling full longer), reducing inflammation and helping with heart disease. So next time you want to sweet snack reach for one of these chia seed puddings!
Chia Seed Pudding 1: Juice Based Chia Seed Pudding
This recipe is very simple and inspired by a welch’s recipe I found years ago! Just 2 simple ingredients
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups juice of your choice (I love using healthy pomegrante juice or my clear protein juice!)
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl, divide into 4 equal containers
- Refrigerate over night and enjoy!
This recipe is great because it only takes 2 minutes to make! If you like it a bit sweeter add in a little honey. If you like it less sweet mix the juice with water!
Chia Seed Pudding 2: Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3-5 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk of your choice – I like to use unsweetened oatmilk or ripple pea milk – even better if you use chocolate milk.
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- In a bowl combine cocoa powder, honey, cinnamon, sea salt and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in milk to avoid clumps.
- Add in chia seeds and whisk again
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for 5 hours minimum – I suggest giving it a quick stir about an hour in (i didnt do this my first time making the pudding and I got some not so nice clumps!)
This pudding is my favourite because it so healthy and chocolatey – I highly recommend using chocolate milk.