I have recently been on a Halloumi cheese kick.
Have you heard of Halloumi cheese? It is a fabulous food I tell ya.
Halloumi is full of protein, fat, countless nutrients and DELICIOUS.
I now always keep my fridge stocked with one package of Halloumi cheese so when I get a craving it’s close at hand.
These are my Halloumi, cherry tomato and onion mini tarts!
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon picked thyme leaves
- 200g halloumi cheese, grated
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 to 8 Mini tart shells
- Preheat the onion to 350F
- In a frying pan Sauté the onions with olive oil (feel free to add garlic I normally do!)
- When onions are starting to color add sugar and balsamic vinegar to caramelize.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes and Sauté for 30 more seconds.
- In the bottom of each tart shell sprinkle the grated cheese.
- Top with onions and tomatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown!
These tarts are fantastic for hosting parties, or just treating yourself on an epic Sunday!